What have I been up to

I had a wonderful weekend away in kapiti!

It was the most beautiful 7 bedroom house overlooking the beach. Very relaxing. 3 levels. Beautifully decorated. You know I think you can really tell when you enter a building that has the prescence of the holy spirit in it. That place sure does. We were able to achieve all that we needed to and get refreshed for the next year.

Anyway I have been weighing up some big plans for next year and good really do with your prayers i.e

is teaching for me?
is pastoring for me?
does our church need a young adults pastor?
where am i going to live next year?

on top of that my epilepsy medicine is still giving me horrific sore stomachs but has basically stopped my seizures. I have also had a couple of boy problems.

please pray

Posted in |

2 thoughts - add yours!:

  1. Tom Says:

    Hi Lisa

    I just read your blog and I find that I must comment. You ask if pasturing is for you. I don’t want you to think I am being chauvinistic, because I am not. But I think you should read God’s word on the subject.

    Here is what I find in God’s word about that subject.

    1Ti 3:1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

    1Ti 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

    1Ti 3:12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

    1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

    1Ti 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

    1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

    1Ti 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety

    Tit 1:7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not self-willed, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;

    Tit 1:6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.

    1Co 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

    1Co 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

    Lisa, I didn’t write the bible, God did. If you are offended or angered by this, then you need to check your God meter. How is your relationship with God?

    On the other hand, I believe that teaching may be a good thing as long as the teaching you want to do is teaching other women and children.

    Please go to God in prayer and keep praying until you hear a definite answer from God. But please remember that satan pretends to be God and works very hard at deceiving even God’s elect. Please let God have his way in your life. He will answer if you wait on him.

    If you want to ask me anything else, please feel free to do so.

    Your brother in Christ Jesus,

    Tom

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Interesting.

    Hey Lisa,

    I thought I'd say gidday, no real reason. It was good to catch up with you the other week at church. I hope things are going well for you. Come round for tea sometime if you like, I cook on Wednesdays usually now.

    Bless ya heaps, love Ruth