Do you love me?



I have come to a few realisations over the last few days.

  • Firstly the great stinging sensation that is the gospels. LUKE 15 is one of these Gospels. If you read it and let it actually touch you it is a great kick about God's love for the lost.
    The problem with much of our Western Christianity is that we have become so ME focused (give me this , make me feel good, Jesus what can you do for ME, Jesus bless me ) that we forget the fullness of the Gospel. Sure Jesus did stuff for you and me but if I do not show the love to the world or put conditions on when I show love to the world I am not living in obedience to what God asks of me.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart , soul and mind AND love your neighbour .........

Posted in Labels: , |

3 thoughts - add yours!:

  1. Sam Says:

    Well said. The Parable of the Sheep and Goats comes to mind. Thanks for your comment. I have been doing the GotQuestions thing for years but we almost never hear anything from people who use it so it is nice to know that it matters. God bless

  2. Lisa Says:

    Yes the Parable of the Sheep and Goats has been heavily on mind as of late it is one I preached on a couple of weeks ago and am preaching on again next week :)

    I was conversing with someone today about this. Showing love is just as important as telling people what we believe in. In fact if all we do is tell people what we believe by such things as protesting etc and don't show love how are we building God's kingdom (obviously there is a time and place for protesting but this shouldn't be the sole point of our christianity)


    Nice to have America reporting in Sam ..... for the amount of US visitors you guys are incredibly quiet ....... :)

  3. Songbird Says:

    Thank you for stopping by at my page.

    As for your post, you said it well about some of the issues with Western Christianity. We need to let go the sense of entitlement, which seem to be prevalent attitude among a lot of people