I'm speaking at Church on Sunday

Yes darn those Baptists for letting Women into Leadership ;P

I am speaking at church on Sunday morning (yes they are letting me loose on the big people) , so if you are in the locale ( I don't even know if that is a word meh) I would love to have you come along....think of this as a late birthday party (its only 6 days late) and a blog reader get together ..... there will even be coffee afterwards - not that I drink the stuff. Text me if you need directions. - no Nicola I am sure you know the way so no directions for you!

This could be rather funny - funny you say - yes. You see there a group of us young adults who are commonly often mistaken for visitors by many of the congregation (sad really being the fact I have been going to morning service for 2 years and am also a youth leader!) so me going up and speaking will either

1) Shock many people or
2) bemuse many - why do we let visitors speak!!!
3) Mean that I can no longer get away with hiding behind being a visitor

I am excited but also nervous however I am totally as always trusting the Holy Spirit to do wonders where I fall incredibly short!!

Posted in |

2 thoughts - add yours!:

  1. Steve Goble Says:

    Trusting God is a good plan, as is offering him your input too. :) Have a great time.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Heh, smiled at the 'visitors' reference. I think it's funny that I still get welcomed when I go along to help with the newbies meet and great. Or get someone I've spoken to several times (in casual pre-church coffee) come up to me and ask me how long I've been going. "about 4 years", and their mouth gapes. Maybe we're invisible?

    I do tent to avoid the clic's, am late for coffee and having a young son means I'm out half the time, and lunch is always 5 minutes before church ends - so I don't stick around to yak...

    Hope the speaking engagement goes well!