Tick-Tock

Christians for some bizarre reason have a very annoying habit of turning up to events late and/ or handing important things in late. I really don’t know what this is about. I sure don’t know what the biblical principle behind it is. God help me I have tried to understand certain members of my Christian circle who think they have the right to waste an hour of my life while they turn up an hour late to events/ meetings/ gatherings. However I really don’t get it.

Sure I can understand 5 even 10 minutes, things happen, but the ‘I’ll-be-there-when-I-get-there-Jesus-Cruisin’ ‘attitude is not just bizarre it’s a very poor witness. The other night I was out with sister (not Christian) I had arranged dinner with 3 christian friends for 6pm. The first friend arrived at 6.50. My sister was not only annoyed, but also discussed with me that my friends obviously don’t respect me very much, she was quite looking forward to the dinner but spent the whole night worried as we had ordered too much food for people who never arrived.

There is no point in ‘evangelising’ if your whole life doesn’t show it, this means how you interact with other Christians impacts your interaction with non Christians and how you show you value others.

2 thoughts - add yours!:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Label: Brooke Fraser?

  2. Anonymous Says:

    ah...time. the thing we always want more of, but seem to have less of.

    i got into the habit of turning up to work late. only 5-10mins every morning, but then decided to change my style. now i go to bed earlier so i'm not tired when i get up 10mins earlier the next day and i leave earlier than i used to.

    so far, it's been working pretty great.

    i like being punctual.