Husband/Wife co pastors

I was going to do a post on women in leadership:

but I think it would be rather circular being the fact the same things are hashed over and over, however Thabiti - whose blog you should all read regularly! ( but who I disagree with - on this argument ) has bought up an interesting conversation, which is in full swing over at:

http://purechurch.blogspot.com/2007/08/husband-wife-co-pastors.html

I tend to think the commenters have missed the point. I think the problem is not women in leadership but the prosperity gospel.

Posted in |

3 thoughts - add yours!:

  1. Anonymous Says: This comment has been removed by the author.
  2. Lisa Says:

    Hi Fraser, yes I know of them. Rod is fantastic! I have met Rod at Easter Camps before.

    I do agree with you. I think on the whole women in pastoral leadership, at least in mainline and evanglical churches, have had to think long and hard about their calling and have had to read the scriptures at length and in detail to be able to validate their calling and unfortunately sometimes their worth within the body of Christ.

    Its interesting how far our own denomination has come with even in the last few years fraser, have a look at this article, in particular the foot note references 1 and 2.

    http://www.reality.org.nz/article.php?ID=407

  3. Anonymous Says: This comment has been removed by the author.